Creating a Community of Belonging
The Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission and the United Way of East Central Iowa are partnering to host a series of equity conversations every Tuesday evening in February.
The purpose of the series is to build awareness and understanding around equity within the areas of education, financial stability, and health. Participants will have the opportunity to identify actionable steps for creating a Community of Belonging, including learning about CRCRC and UWECI’s partnership and nonprofit agencies working to address inequities.
Please register in advance for these conversations.
6:30pm-8pm on February 2, February 9, February 16, February 23
February 2, 2021
Equity and Education
• Dr. White, Founder and Executive Director of The Academy for Scholastic and Personal Success and Chair of the Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission
• Eric Thompson, Director of The Academy for Scholastic and Personal Success
• John Tursi, Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Club of the Corridor
February 9, 2021
Equity and Financial Stability
• Kelzye Bedwell, Director of Financial Stability with Horizons – Financial Wellness Center
• Paula Land, Executive Director of the Catherine McAuley Center
• Denine Rushing, Shelter Services Manager with Willis Dady
February 16, 2021
Equity and Health
• Dr. Marcus Barnett, OB/GYN, FACOG with the Eastern Iowa Health Center
• Okpara Rice, CEO of Tanager Place
• Theresa Lewis, Executive Director of The Arc of East Central Iowa
February 23, 2021
• Participants will have the opportunity to identify actionable steps for creating a Community of Belonging.