Campaign planning is fun and easy!
Whether this is your first or thirty-first campaign as a company coordinator, we are here to help plan your United Way campaign. We can help you plan and implement a meaningful United Way campaign for your company. Campaign materials, FUNdraising ideas, and more are available to you.
United Way workplace campaigns allow more than 90,000 people the opportunity to participate by investing in United Way. These investments fund more than 28 local partners and help serve families and individuals most in need. Since 2007, workplace campaigns have generated more than $10 million each year for our community.
Best practices to plan your United Way Campaign
United Way held a breakfast event for 55 CEOs and executives from Eastern Iowa companies. One of the goals was to brainstorm and share ways their companies plan their United Way campaign and engage their employees. Their best practices are listed below.
- Have a campaign theme (e.g., football)
- Shorten enrollment period to discourage procrastination on filling out a pledge form
- Share United Way impact through email communication
- Continue employee communication with United Way “fun facts”
- Company leadership donates toward a company match program
- Personal CEO visit to each worksite
- Placing pledge form in new hire orientation packets
- Award an extra day of vacation if an employee gives a minimum of 1% of their salary
- Offer incentive prizes for completed pledge forms
- Give out raffle tickets at pledge time (more tickets awarded the earlier the form is completed)
- Have food at United Way awareness events
- Hold events at various community buildings
- Bring in a partner agency to speak at events
- Tailgate party or employee golf outing for kickoff
- Paintball or dunk tank for executives or company owners
Find materials for your United Way campaign here.