Women United unites the caring power of women to provide funding for healthcare services for women in need. United Way currently partners with Area Substance Abuse Council (ASAC), Community Health Free Clinic, and Eastern Iowa Health Center. Together, WU helps to provide programs that serve to promote the well being of women in our community such as: providing prescription assistance, emergency dental care, vision care, medical co-pays, cancer screenings, and diabetic testing supplies to un- and under-insured women in our community. The Power of the Purse event is geared towards individuals who are invested in brighter outcomes in our community through supporting women’s access to healthcare and overall wellbeing.
Objective: To serve as the Host/Hostess of the 2023 and/or 2024 United Way of East Central Iowa Women United Power of the Purse event. You will work in conjunction with your Women United Event Chair, United Way of East Central Iowa staff partner and volunteer committee to raise a minimum of $2,000.00.
- - Serve as a community ambassador for UWECI and Women United, promoting Women United while introducing community members to it’s mission.
- - Secure $1000 in new revenue through sponsorship, new supporter enrollment, auction procurement and/or monetary donation.
- - Make a personal contribution to the event.
- - Engage a committee of peers to promote participation in the event through sponsorship opportunities, auction donations and supporter enrollment.
- - Recruit and mentor successor host/hostess for the following years event.
- - Conduct regular meetings with WU event chair and/or UWECI staff to monitor financial and event progress.
- - Serve as the spokesperson for the Women United Power of the Purse.
- - Attend Women United Power of the Purse.
- - Activities during this time may also include but are not limited to: phone and email outreach, attending associated Power of the Purse events, attending check presentations and being available for promotional marketing opportunities with the guidance of UWECI staff.
Primary Host Information
Secondary Host Information