Want to serve on a board but aren’t sure of the responsibilities or skills you need?
Join United Way Young Leaders Society Board Orientation & Leadership Development (BOLD) to learn more about board service, receive training, and find organizations with board or committee opportunities that match your skills and passions. This educational series was created to equip emerging leaders with the skills needed to serve on boards, increase the diversity of boards across Linn County, and support local employers in engaging and retaining talented employees.
BOLD Series Details
- BOLD features six 90-minute workshops October-March about the skills or responsibilities related to board service.
- The 2019-2020 BOLD series costs $100. There will be no refunds of the program expense.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the training sessions.
- To graduate, participants are required to attend at least five of the six regular sessions.
BOLD applications have closed. If you have any questions, please contact Arthur Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brittany Appleton, Waypoint
- Tyler Bruzek, World Class Industries
- Elizabeth Cepeda, Collins Aerospace
- Leah Coffman, Linn County
- Isaiah Corbin, Mercy Medical Center
- Caleb Dutzer, Advancement Resources
- Emily Ehrhardt, Coe College
- Julia Erickson, CommUnity Crisis Services and Food Bank
- Meryn Fluker, Transamerica
- Paul Gaylord, FusionFarm
- Korey Grow, Securian Advisors
- Michelle Gruis, Holmes Murphy
- Whitney Kraus, UFG
- George Mahoney, Collins Aerospace
- Jessica Mattes, University of Iowa
- Jenny Mertes, Van Meter
- Kristin Miller, BMO
- Bobbi O’Connell, Collins Aerospace
- Jessica Pfeiffer, Aging Services
- Kayla Phelan, Phelans Interiors
- Julie Sigwarth, Grant Wood AEA
- Robert Teller, Collins Aerospace
- Kyle Walker, VGM Homelink
- Kate Weber, Van Meter
- Taylor Westaby, Garnett Place Retirement Community
- Emily Wright, Transamerica