History of the Human Service Campus
The flood of 2008 damaged or destroyed many city blocks in downtown Cedar Rapids, displacing thousands of people, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. As part of the rebuilding process, the Human Services Campus (HSC) broke ground on September 30, 2009 thanks to a $10 million grant from the State of Iowa’s Culver/Judge I-JOBS program and the generosity of many private donors.
Completed in late 2010, the Human Services Campus has a separate oversight committee comprised of community volunteers and business leaders. The 67,000-square-foot building currently houses 11 local nonprofits.
Current nonprofit tenants:
- Abbe Integrated Health Home
- Aging Services, Inc.
- Alzheimer’s Association – East Central Iowa
- Area Substance Abuse Council (ASAC)
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois
- Hillcrest Family Services
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Junior League of Cedar Rapids
- League of Women Voters Linn County
- Penn Center, Inc
- United Way of East Central Iowa
- VNS of Iowa
Interested in becoming a tenant?
If your nonprofit organization is interested in becoming a tenant, please contact Steve Dummermuth by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 319-896-3217.