How can you get involved?
United Way of East Central Iowa’s Volunteer Now site is an online volunteer matching site that provides a one-stop-shop to help you find volunteer opportunities in East Central Iowa. We connect volunteers in Benton, Cedar, Jones, Iowa, and Linn Counties.
Our Volunteer Now site
There are so many ways to connect and find an opportunity that’s right for you. Search for an organization near you, a cause that is important to you, or an opportunity that matches your skills and interests.
Here are some features of Volunteer Now:
- Build a comprehensive volunteer profile. You can even link to your Facebook account.
- Track your volunteer hours and build your volunteer resume. You can track both volunteer hours from opportunities you found on the site and those outside of the system, display them on your dashboard, and even print your own volunteer resume.
- “Fan” an agency to stay up to date and receive notifications on all of their volunteer activities.
- Search for volunteer projects by distance, interest, county, agency, or date.
- Set specific causes and interests in your profile, and the system will suggest volunteer opportunities based on your interests.
- Browse the agency section to learn more about the services they provide.
- Find date specific opportunities on the calendar.
- View your dashboard, which includes information about the most recently added volunteer opportunities, events, agencies, and volunteer hours.