Our Work Life Committee is a cross-functional group of employees who support engagement, recognition, and wellness efforts in our office.
For the past two years, our Work Life Committee has organized the 12 Days of Holiday Cheer for staff. This year, the committee upheld this tradition by planning activities to bring holiday cheer to our office:
- Adopt a family: We adopted a family for the holidays, a mother and her two daughters who had moved here from Burma this past summer. Staff purchased gifts for family members and then we delivered them to Catherine McAuley Center. We were happy to be part of making this family’s first holiday season in the United States a special one.
- Holiday window decorating: As part of some friendly competition, our staff showed their artistic prowess by decorating windows in our office at the Human Services Campus. Then, we voted on our favorites for a chance to win a prize.
- Secret Santa: For the third year, staff had the option to participate in a Secret Santa gift exchange. We had two gift days and played a game to find out the identity of our Santa.
- Stockings: Each employee received a stocking to decorate. We hung all of our stockings up at the front desk for our visitors to see.
- Nacho average holiday party: Work Life hosted an afternoon treat of potluck-style nachos where everyone brought toppings to share.
- Ugly/Festive sweater day: We dressed in seasonal attire to get ready for the holiday weekend. As a final bit of fun, we gathered to drink hot chocolate and share plans for our time away from the office.
Other fun activities included cookie decorating, ‘Tis the Season I-Spy, and matching game for staff in the office. A big shout out to our Work Life Committee members for planning the 12 Days of Holiday Cheer! We had fun together through all of the games, competitions, and food.