On Thursday, August 2, Women United (formerly WLI) hosted its annual Power of the Purse. Together, we raised $17,000 which will continue Women United’s mission to fund healthcare services for local women in need. More than 150 women attended this event held at US Bank in downtown Cedar Rapids.
The evening had something for everyone:
- Nearly 80 purses
- A five-night stay at a cabin in Galena donated by Ben and Julie Golding
- Kate Spade purse and wallet as the grand prize raffle donated by Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust
- Diamond earring and necklace set donated by US Bank won through a game of heads or tails
- Seibke Hoyt Jewelers brought one-of-a-kind jewelry for attendees to try on
“Power of the Purse proved once again that our community has the most impressive group of women who generously support a shared vision of addressing women’s health issues. We had big fun, raised money and connected with old and new friends. Thank you to all who attended and supported the event with donations of purses, prizes, sponsorships and the many volunteers!” – Kelly Lind-Daufeldt, 2018 Women United Steering Committee Chair
We would like to recognize our Power of the Purse sponsors for making this year’s event possible.
- Leadership Sponsors: Alliant Energy, Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust, Holmes Murphy, Mercy Cedar Rapids, and Schimberg Co.
- Presenting Sponsor: UFG
Check out photos from the evening taken by Joe Photo on Facebook.
Not a Women United member?
Contact Carole to learn more: email@example.com or check the Women United page.